Benefits of Google Business location
Should you use it or not, is your personal preference, but let me explain a bit to help you decide. Google Location History, is a Google feature which keeps track of all the locations you visit with your device, be it a mobile, a tablet or a computer; as long as your signed into your Google Account with the Location History feature turned on, Google will be able to store and save the locations you’ve visited, serve their purpose of showing targeted ads and helps you find out where you were, when you were drunk and also help you track your phone if it’s lost and the phone is turned on.
Benefits of google location history
Google apps use your location history in many different ways, especially on mobile devices. To customize their services for you, they use your location data, and in some cases, your location history.
For example, if you store your location history, Google Maps will give you relevant search results based on the places you’ve visited in the past. Google Now is another service that makes use of location history. Among many other things, it gives you the directions to the places you have visited frequently.
How to Add a Business to Google Maps
- Determine if you have a Google Account. You don't have to use a gmail.com address to own a Google account, you can login to Google with just about any email address. For GMB to work, your Google Account must be associated with the location you are trying to add or manage. If you do not have a Google account associated with your business, create one. This account will be linked to the Google My Business dashboard you are creating.
- Type in www.google.com/business to go to Google My Business.  Click on the green box in the middle that says "Start Now". Getting your business on Google will allow you to give your customers correct information about your business location, phone number, hours, photos and services provided. It will also enable your customers to give your business ratings and reviews, and read news that you post
- Enter your business name and address into the search bar to find your business on Google Maps
- Click on the blue hyperlink "Add your business". This step applies if your business did not appear under the search results for "Find your Business". If Google does not have your business listed, you will need to add the details of your business
- Check the box to confirm and then click "Continue". This step confirms you are authorized to add this information to Google for your business. Clicking continue also means you accept the terms and conditions. Legally, it is necessary for Google to confirm that you are the legitimate owner or authorized employee of the business
- Click "Call me now" or "Verify by mail". Google will send you a code to verify that you are a legitimate part of the business. Google can call or mail the six digit code to you. There are also various other options for verification like being a registered website owner in Search Console or having a domain-based email address that matches the listing's domain
- Before you leave your Google My Business dashboard, bookmark the page. In order to access your dashboard again in the future, sign back into your Google account. Go to your bookmark or go to google.com/business and you will be automatically taken to your dashboard
- Click the "Enter code" box on the top of your My Business dashboard. The "Enter code" box is located in the blue highlighted box at the top of your page. It is directly to the right of a message that says "Google has sent your verification code to you". Type the six digit verification code you received from Google into the box and click "Submit"
- Take the tour of your Google My Business dashboard. The tour will help to quickly familiarize you with the Google My Business platform. Understanding the features of this platform will allow you to maximize the presence of your business on Google.
- Edit your business information. At the top of your dashboard and to the right of the title of your business, click on the red "Edit" box. Edit your business information so that your customers can learn more information about your business and view pictures of your business
- Click "Edit" to change any basic information about your business. If in the future your contact information changes, go to your Google My Business dashboard and update your information.
- Share what is going on in your business with your customers. If you want to publicize events or give your customers information about your business, use the Posts feature of Google My Business.
- Explore the other features on your Google My Business dashboard. The features Insights, Reviews and AdWords Express can help your business advertise, engage with customers and build a presence in you business community